Nokia BSC3i – Diagnosing the BCSU
Below are steps in troubleshooting the BCSU of a defective plug-in unit. Read notes below for ESD requirements
Example. Replacing a plug-in unit in BCSU-0
- Check the computer unit working state.
- If a unit is in working state WO, change the working state to SP. After the calls handled by the unit have ended, its state changes automatically to SP-EX. Change the working state first to TE and then to SE.
- Switch off the cartridge power supply.
- Remove the plug-in unit from the cartridge.
- Check the interchangeability of the new plug-in unit.
- Check the strappings of the new plug-in unit.
- Insert the new plug-in unit.
- Switch on the cartridge power supply.
- Change the computer unit working state to TE.
- Start the total diagnosis of the unit.
- Check the diagnostics results.
- Change the computer unit working state to SP (or WO).
- Check the alarms.
See figure below in inserting a plug-in unit